Immersive learning is a powerful educational concept which finds that some of the best learning is done while “immersed” in an environment outside the norm.
Immersive learning excels because:
- Its content inevitably grabs learners’ attention
- It enables experimentation and “Learning by Doing”
- It exploits the most natural way of learning of many living species: Playing
When it comes to Disney, though, it's time to double down on immersive learning!
Here is an actual one-day Guest Experience Immersive Learning event held at Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World earlier this year. It was limited to 10 people, and was designed exclusively for participants in the Guest Experience Boot Camp that took place April 3-4, 2019 in Orlando.
- 8 am – arrive at the Magic Kingdom
- 9 am – check in with Bob Adams by the right side of the floral Mickey
- 9 am -Noon – Session #1 – Train Station facing Main Street
- Noon- 2 pm – Session #2 – Jungle Cruise (including lunch)
- 3 pm – Session #3 – Observe the Festival of Fantasy Parade (you choose location)
- 4-6 pm – Session #4 – Walt Disney Railroad
- 6-9 pm – Optional Session #5 – Location TBD
- 9-10 pm – Optional Session #6 – Observe Happily Ever After Fireworks (you choose location)
- 10-11 pm – Optional Session #7 – Location TBD
While the Immersion Experience is best if you stay all day, you may need to leave early. If your travel schedule necessitates you leaving before the end of the day, Bob will provide you with "homework" to wrap up the event on your own.
What you will receive
- A custom-designed event guide to help you learn about Disney's Guest Experience practices throughout the day while enjoying the park.
- Individual time with Bob Adams in groups of 5 throughout the day
- Application Guide for follow through at your church
This immersion event will cost $3,000 for a group of up to 10 people, payable in advance on this store site. The event is nonrefundable, though you may substitute someone else in your place. Bob will be in touch with you to get participant names.
Participants are responsible for all expenses necessary for the day: park ticket, snack and meals, parking fees, transportation, hotels, etc. In other words, the event fee of $3,000 for the group of ten is over and above all expenses you will incur to be at the park on the agreed upon day.
- A maximum of ten participants are accepted for the event.
- Before registration payment, schedules will be coordinated with Bob.
- Once confirmed, the event will be held regardless of weather conditions.
- Bob Adams and Auxano are not endorsed, supported, or acknowledged by the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries.