Immersive learning is a powerful educational concept which finds that some of the best learning is done while “immersed” in an environment outside the norm.
Immersive learning excels because:
- Its content inevitably grabs learners’ attention
- It enables experimentation and “Learning by Doing”
- It exploits the most natural way of learning of many living species: Playing
When it comes to Disney, though, it's time to double down on immersive learning!
On Friday, April 5, 2019, Bob Adams will be leading a one-day (but boy will it be a full day) Guest Experience Immersive Learning event at Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World. It will be limited to 15 people, and is designed exclusively for participants in the Guest Experience Boot Camp that takes place April 3-4 in Orlando.
- 8 am - arrive at the Magic Kingdom
- 9 am - check in with Bob Adams (location to be announced); receive team assignments and begin your immersive experience
- 11 am - Check in #1 - Location TBD
- 1 pm - Check in #2 - Location TBD
- 3 pm - Observe the Festival of Fantasy Parade (you choose location)
- 5 pm - Check in #3 - Location TBD
- 7 pm - Check in #4 - Location TBD
- 9 pm - Observe Happily Ever After Fireworks (you choose location)
- 10 pm - Final Check in; Location TBD; on your way home or to hotel
While the Immersion Experience is best if you stay all day, you may need to leave early. If your travel schedule necessitates you leaving before the end of the day, Bob will provide you with "homework" to wrap up the event on your own.
What you will receive
- A custom-designed event guide to help you learn about Disney's Guest Experience practices throughout the day while enjoying the park.
- Individual time with Bob Adams in groups of 5 throughout the day
- Application Guide for follow through at your church
This immersion event will cost $50 per person, payable in advance on this store site. The event is nonrefundable, though you may substitute someone else in your place. You can purchase multiple registrations by adjusting the quantity on the checkout page. Bob will be in touch with you to get participant names.
Participants are responsible for all expenses necessary for the day: park ticket, snack and meals, parking fees, transportation, hotels, etc. In other words, the event fee of $50 per person is over and above all expenses you will incur to be at the park on April 5.
- A minimum of five participants will be required for the event. If there are not five registrations by March 15, refunds will be given to those already registered.
- The event will be held regardless of weather conditions.
- Bob Adams and Auxano are not endorsed, supported, or acknowledged by the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries.